Thursday, April 02, 2009

Whoa!

Well, it seems today brought some pretty big news.

I opened my email this morning and saw an email from my landlord titled "30 Day Notice." Our lease is up on May 1 and we'd intended on renewing. It would mark the beginning of my fourth year in our home.

Our landlord, it seems, has other plans.

The email did not include details for renewing our lease. Instead, it said that our house is being sold and we need to vacate it by midnight on the 30th of April. Hrm. Definitely didn't see that coming.

I'm still in shock and working my way between denial and acceptance. I've poured over Craigslist ads and scheduled appointments for the weekend. Marie, Milton, and I will go together to look at the houses. It seems that it will be the three of us when we move. We're telling Will the news later tonight and (depending on what he says) we may look for a bigger place (think four bedroom instead of the three bedrooms I've been scheduling for appointments). I anticipate that he'll want to move elsewhere.

I can't believe that I'll be leaving my home for the past three years. I'm trying to stay positive. I know that God may have some pretty awesome plans in store that I've yet to comprehend. Still, it's been a good three years at our place. I will miss the close proximity to my office (one block) and the cheap-o rent. Those days, I fear, are long gone.

Please keep us in your prayers as we search for a new place! Our hope is to find one within a week or two at the latest. This could be really exciting and I'm looking forward to seeing where this new chapter takes me.

1 comment:

Dean said...

Good luck, let us know what you find. I'll be praying.