Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Some New Additions to My Palette

Well, I thought I'd jump on the blog bandwagon and add some new items to My Palette. As you can see, there's a handy new search tool on the left side that you can use to search through older posts. I was excited to see this tool as an option since I was recently looking for a previous post that I wanted to link to a newer one. I failed in my earlier quest, but can now take advantage of the search tool in the future.

A second new item on the left is a "Followers" button. I'm not quite sure if I'll keep this. It depends on the activity that I get, because it's all generated by you, the readers! So, if you sign up as a "follower" then you will appear on the left (hypothetically).

At the bottom, I have added a statistics counter. If you click on it, you will be able to see stats on people who have visited My Palette such as their geographical location, page they linked from, and where they went after visiting here. So, while it may not be that fascinating, it will be fun for me to see where people are from who are reading my blog.

Additionally, there is a "subscribe to" button that you can click to get updates. Again, not sure how popular this will be, so it may be a temporary addition.

Finally, I'm looking into featuring ads on my page. Not sure if I will yet. If you are interested in a product featured in an ad and click on the ad, then I get paid for it! Pretty sweet. If the ads are extremely tacky and I'm not feeling the vibe, then I can remove them at anytime.

OK, that's all I have for now. I've played on my blog enough tonight. I'm off to work on some schoolwork!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW I get to be first!!!

Meredith said...

I am SO proud of you! You are one smart and hip grandma. :) I'm so blessed that you are MY smart and hip grandma!!