Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Taxation without Representation

It's been four years in the making, but this city finally got ALL of me. I had a license after year one, but it took me over four years to commit my car to this city. Today I went and filed all my paperwork. It's official, folks. I'm here for a bit longer. My plates (yes, DC has a front and back) now show that I am a DC driver. So, I can't use the NC plates as an excuse for driving slow in DC (cuz I'm likely lost) and I can use the DC plates as an excuse to drive more like a "Yankee" when I go home. You win some, you lose some...

I was pretty psyched today to get my new plates. You're now looking at my fresh parking sticker. Check it:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you are legal now!
(I guess it is required to have proper tags if you live there). The only thing that would have made the picture better would have been to have you standing there pointing to your new tag like the pretty girls do in new car ads show!
XOXOXOXOX jd

dean said...

YANKEE! Oh no, your our wonderful southern bell...you have curly hair...and you can laugh out loud....don't let anyone tell you that your a _ _ _ _ _ _ ....make banana pudding every now and then .....

Love ya..