Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pregnancy Musings

I am a blessed woman. I have had a relatively smooth pregnancy- none of the familiar woes I hear from so many other women. In my first two trimesters I experienced no morning sickness, had few smell aversions (although Tempe had some treats that were a little challenging at times) and felt "normal" physically.

Now I am officially one month deep into my third trimester. I can barely believe how fast this ride is going. It seems like just a few weeks ago when I approached Mike with positive pregnancy test in hand.

Now some pregnancy woes are showing themselves. I can confidently say that I now can locate my sciatic nerve, because it lets me know about half of a waking day (and in the bed) where it is. I've been revisited by previous injuries. That right knee is also talking to me at random times and I constantly feel like I have pulled a groin muscle. Throw in hips that are randomly shifting and I could probably whine a little longer.

However, I won't because I am reminded regularly of how blessed I am. Not everyone can experience the joys and not-so-joyful moments of growing another human. 

This morning is an example of a precious pregnancy moment. I was lying in bed before any of the day's chaos and activity began. Mike was snuggled beside me and the world seemed still. Until I realized  I wasn't the only one awake. Baby Wee was just having a good ole' time kicking, shifting and swimming. In the stillness I reveled in our shared moment. I was tempted to wake Mike for him to feel baby too, but instead just enjoyed our moment together- mommy and baby. I imagined tiny toes and fingers diving through belly fluid and pulling on a tempting umbilical cord floating in space. Baby played for about five minutes before working him/herself into a fit of hiccups. Too cute. Baby hiccups are on this whole other level of adorableness.

Anyways, all that to say that those are the moments that make the not-so-joyful moments worth it all. Now... who is going to remind me of the precious moments of pregnancy and those post-pregnancy ones to come when I am in active labor?!

No comments: