Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thursday, Thursday

It's been kind of slow the past couple of days. Not that I'm complaining. I went to lunch today with my favorite coworkers in the office. She's my supervisor (well, one of them). We went to a new Thai place. You'd think I'd be sick of it since I've had it so much lately, but I'm not. Lunch was delicious and I was thankful to have the opportunity to "dine" with her before I left. She has a quick wit and is very funny. We get along well and I'll miss our daily interactions and jokes.

Tonight, Mal and I are going to one of the House buildings where they're having a Beer Institute kick-off. A lot of big names (in brewing) are hosting a party and giving away free booze from 6-8. Should be fun. There will be a couple people there that we know and have begun to hang out with lately. One of whom is actually going to St Thomas with Mal and me- whom we've nicknamed "DC Dave." The function is "Congressional" and will probably be the last government perk I'll have before leaving tomorrow.

Other than that, it should be a pretty low key night. If I make it home in time, I want to catch the new show called "Til Death" with Brad Garrett (from "Everybody Loves Raymond") in it. It looks pretty cute and funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, i am going to tape it for vinnie! i have been looking forward to that show. i bet if you miss it, you could find a clip of it or more on YouTube.com

Thursdays are rarely exciting. But you still had Thai! Did I tell you that I really don't like thai? I prefer Indian food. Truthfully. New house blog coming soon!

Meredith said...

Indian food is my favorite, too. I used to not like Thai, but then I realized I was ordering the wrong dishes. It's been much better since I was steered in the right direction. Ever tried the Pad Thai or Drunken Noodle? Both are satisfying dishes and can be "spiced up" the way I like it.

Anonymous said...

I can look up some of the restaurants you go to when you mention the name - fun!!! Have a great 'last' day at the Madison Building. Going to send you a copy of the sad tale of the Hope Diamond
Guess I wasn't the first person to think that our country should give it away! Happy Weekend!