Sunday, January 07, 2007

2007

I have been unbelievably slack in my posting. Thanks, Dean, for getting me motivated again.

It's been a great year so far. The holidays were busy with traveling and catching up with the fam and friends. Mal and I just arrived back to town from NC. The weekend was spent in Fayetteville as we celebrated my grandpa's 80th birthday. It's a miracle to think that six months ago he was told to make plans for his funeral. Instead of "remembering" him this weekend, we celebrated his victory over leukemia, his life, and of the future to come.

Since Thanksgiving, things have been a blur. Along the way, I remember working a bit, but was mostly caught up in traveling. Between St Thomas and going back and forth to NC, I barely had time to think.

I'm going to be better at posting... and hopefully will post a few times a week.

I didn't make a resolution this year. I still have a few items from a list that I made in the fall. I think it's been a couple years since I've even made a New Year's resolution.

I'm feeling pretty good about life in general. I'm still enjoying my job. My family is well. Mike and I are doing great. I'm becoming more involved in life here... venturing out and making new friendships. It's amazing to just recap what's happened in the last year.

A year ago from today, I had no clue that DC is where I'd be at this moment. I was unhappy in my job, feeling unchallenged and discouraged because I knew it wasn't the field in which I'd be happy. I was living at home and anxious to live on my own again. I wasn't in love, heck, I wasn't even looking for it. Well, I wasn't looking too hard anyways! I was enjoying my single life and my close group of girl friends whom I still miss.

So, things have changed and I have too. 2006 was a great year. It was full of adventures, a new love, new friendships, a new city, and new challenges. I'm curious as to where I'll be in another year. What will 2007 bring? Where will I go? Who will I meet and what situations will change me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.....It is 2007 and we need to know what is going on in your life.....we have none of our own.

Anonymous said...

hey, good for you. so far i have been good about my main resolution: take a daily multi-vitamin. i didn't want to get crazy and add "exercise" yet.

kl(h)m