Thursday, January 18, 2007

A fast week

Having Monday off really threw me for a loop. I was going to take the trash out tonight, but realized that today was Thursday (and has been all day)... the trash guys came this morning. Hmm.

The good news is that I'm peering at Friday and almost there.

This weekend should be fun. This week in DC is restaurant week, which means that participating (normally expensive) restaurants around town are offering a discounted, flat rate menu. Throughout the city, dining venues are offering a limited menu, featuring an appetizer, entree, and dessert of the patron's choice for the low cost of $30.09. Not shabby, folks. A lot of the restaurants that offer such a deal would normally be around $60+ a plate. So, tomorrow night we're going to Willow, a little place in Arlington.

Saturday night should be just as fabulous. We'll be rocking the evening with a little karaoke. I haven't sang karaoke in a long time and I'll be going with Mal and Drew, so it should be fun. We're meeting some of our other friends there (including DC Dave) and some of their friends. I think it'll wind up being a pretty good sized crowd. So, if you hear some strange noises coming from the DC area there is no need to worry. It's just Mal singing. haha!! :)

I've found a picture that I'm anxious to attempt painting. Mal took it on her recent trip to NYC and I really like it. What do you think??














I was a little jealous today when we didn't get any snow, but NC did. What's up with that?? They're predicting something on Sunday or Monday. Maybe we'll get a DC blizzard!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am VERY excited to hear you might be painting again! I like
that picture that Mal took too!
Hope you have fun at the restaurant.
Keep on blogging!
ed

Anonymous said...

geez, it's been a while since i read on here. i had a lot to catch up on. now i get the pregnancy training class. are you doing it as part of your job, or through your church? and what is the center's purpose? just curious! anyhoo. loved all the pictures. glad to hear you're painting again, but couldn't find the picture of your painting in your blogs... you are such a talented person mere!
kristina