Thursday, February 22, 2007

A look ahead

Well, I haven't had much to report on and have been kind of busy. The result has been a neglect of my blog. Highlights of the past week include:
  • Having a substitute teacher during Salsa last week. He was really talented instructor and much better than our "regular" teacher. We went slow and reviewed the steps over and over and over. After we left, Mal, Drew, and I felt much more confident and comfortable in our Salsa shoes.
  • Pregnancy Training went well. I helped to host it at the CCCU, so we all had much more personal room. Everyone seemed really appreciative of the venue change. We're going to meet at the CCCU this week too. Training last week centered on abortion. It was interesting and somberly. I learned much about the process and many of the technical terms and "types" of abortions. We watched a video about how abortions are performed in the first and second trimesters. Although it was animated and completely "non-gory," it was still emotionally a lot to handle.
  • Mal and I tried a new restaurant on Sunday. It's located in Union Station and on the third level. It's balconey-type seating looks over the two levels below and provides much "eye-candy" while dining. Plus, it wasn't that expensive and the food was delicious! I've included a link to another blog that gave a decent review of it.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. Mike is coming to visit and it's the first time I've seen him since I traveled home for Christmas and New Year's. So, it's been WAY too long. He's arriving this evening. Both of us have taken tomorrow off from work and are planning on an enjoyable weekend together. I'm not quite sure what we'll do, but I have a few places to visit and restaurants in mind. Also, tomorrow I have plans to swing him by the CCCU and meet Rich, whom I have dubbed "the other important man in my life"... behind my dad, of course! :)

Sorry for the long delay in posting something. I'll try better...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear from you again and wishing you a very Happy Weekend with Mike!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for let us know what is going on in Washington!
Hope the weekend will be a good one. We are suppose the have sunshine through Sunday, hope you will too!
Have fun "Salsa" girl!
ed

Anonymous said...

I knew you were still around...I needed to hear from you...thanks..did you get any of that snow???Have a great week-end...and take notes...don't forget to let us know what little sister is doing..Your mom and I don't get to talk as much as we wont, so I need to keep up with you here.

Love you guys,

Anonymous said...

ooh fun. why are you doing pregnancy training? (?????) i need to read your blogs in order, but i don't like scrolling down then up. i'm a top-to-bottom kind of girl.
kristina