Friday, March 28, 2008

Phew...

That's pretty much how I've felt lately. I've been going at about 100 miles an hour over the past two weeks.

Easter was fast and furious, with time spent with family and Mike. I was off the Thursday and Friday before Easter, so the weekend was long and relaxing. The weather was beautiful. Mike and I worked in his yard one day and made a little difference. It's slowly coming together! I also got to see some of my extended family, including my grandma.

I've begun the process of transitioning from DC to NC. I've poured over Craigslist ads for apartments and have begun to hit the job sites. My resume is updated and my cover letter drafted. I can't believe my move is around the corner.

Anticipation, joy, sadness and nervousness (among a few other sprinkled in emotions) are constantly swarming. My feelings can change at any given time.

I can't believe that in two months, I won't be living in DC. I love this city. I love my friends here. My job rocks (most days). I love the electricity in the air and the energy that radiate from people. It's contagious.

The cherry blossoms are blooming here. Spring is in the air. My neighbor, Viola, has a beautiful garden, full of daffodils and hycinthias. I can smell her hycinthias a couple houses down when the breeze cooperates. Mr. Means mowed his grass on Wednesday and I could smell the wild onions. Ahh! I think I'll go home tonight and throw open the windows for a bit...

My ten mile run is in nine days! I can't believe it. I'll be so happy when it's done. This girl will be dancing (after I reattach my legs). Thus far, I've run the longest at 8.5 miles. It took me just under two hours. An hour and 52 minutes.

There are supposed to be over 10,000 people participating. I'm hoping to be spurred on my their momentum and energy. I think after a few miles I'll be wondering if I'm crazy.

I already do wonder actually.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I would tell Billy, your young you can do it!Good luck.

Anonymous said...

love this line: "I can smell her hycinthias a couple houses down when the breeze cooperates."