Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Latest

I can't believe that this month is almost gone. July 1 is this week... then there will be the 4th. Then there will be Mal's party on the 5th. A half week will pass before wedding festivities begin. Before I know it July will be passing into August. I'm not quite sure how June slipped so quickly, but it did.

I got my hair cut on Wednesday, but think it's too short. Boo. I was overly ambitious about getting it cut since it has been a while. My "two inch" request has left me wishing I'd been a bit more conservative in my ask. Ah well. It'll grow.

I wrapped up June by spending the weekend with my dear friend Priya, whom I've known since high school. We alternately visit each other since her Philadelphia is only two hours from my DC. This weekend it was her turn to visit.

We began by grabbing dinner and drinks with some of her other friends in DC. We tried a new (to me) restaurant in a nearby neighborhood, Dupont Circle. The restaurant was Mexican and super cheap (compared to other DC eateries). Afterwards, we called it a semi-early evening and prepared for our busy Saturday. The next morn, we woke up late and I made us pancakes and eggs. Matt and Marie later joined us we we all had brunch together and lounged a bit. Priya hadn't been to Eastern Market before, so we walked there and enjoyed the sights and tastes. I was introduced to a new cheese: parano. It is my new favorite because it's a mix between my old favorite (gouda) and parmesian. Mmm.

We bought some fresh food while at the market and packed a picnic for our Saturday night entertainment: a concert in MD. We caught Thievery Corporation at Maryweather Post Pavilion. What a show! The weather only growled for a bit, which didn't agree with our lawn seats. The quick storm pushed us all under temporary tarps, but the weather just added to the evening's memories.

Today Priya and I stayed in the city and spent a few hours at the Smithsonian's National Gallery of Art. It had been a while since my past visit. We caught a short flick on art from Afghanistan before catching a Sculpture Tour and then perusing the museum on our own. The museum (surprisingly) had tasty food that was affordable by museum standards. While my favorite museum for food is the Native American one, this one was a close second.

As I look to my week, the first part will be rather quiet. Mal rolls in on the 4th. We're going to catch the fireworks from the Mall (yay!). On the 5th, ladies will be coming by for her bachelorette party and bridal shower. I think there will be about 12-14 women in attendance. So, I feel like these next few days will be the calm before the storm.

Here is a link to some pictures I've taken over the past month: June Pics.

1 comment:

kimmie said...

your hair looks awesome and i love it! you always have had the best hair (as voted by our h.s. graduating class too if i remember correctly!)