Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Return from the Road

Well, Gettysburg was fast and furious. We departed yesterday morning from the Council, spent the latter half of the day in meetings once we'd arrived and then spent the morning and early afternoon in meetings today before heading back to DC around two.

I did get a chance to go into town last night and was pleasantly surprised by what the downtown area offered. It is quaint and has an old feel to it. I kicked myself for forgetting my camera. If I ever return for an extensive amount of time, I'd like to take advantage of the ghost tours that they offer. I remember really enjoying the ghost tour in New Orleans and imagine that Gettysburg would also have some enchanting stories.

We each got our own hotel room at the Wyndham Hotel. I'd never stayed in one before and was very impressed. The hotel grounds were well kept and there was a nice restaurant and movie theater within walking distance that (I think) partnered with the hotel on some level. My room was quite luxurious with it's king sized bed and flat screen television. The bed had five pillows, three of which wound up in the nearby easy chair and were never used. The little extras in the bathroom added a nice touch and the shower was also quite impressive. I realize that this post may have a "country girl goes to the fancy hotel" air to it. haha. Speaking of ghosts, there may have been one in my room (!). Twice last night, my shower randomly began running for about five seconds while I was quite far from it and sitting at a desk in the main room. Strange!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow being Thursday. I love that traveling for work makes things go a little quicker. I have a "date" with my friend Jennifer tomorrow night. We're each going to get a pedicure. Yay!

My weekend is fairly open. I do have a bridal shower to attend on Saturday (Jennifer's). She's the last wedding I have on my calendar (so far) this year. She's getting married on September 6th.

The cat purchase is on hold for the time being. Matt wasn't too thrilled with the idea and Marie kept getting "signs" (her words) that the timing wasn't quite right. So, we'll wait. I'm sure the possibility will creep up as we transition again in September. When Matt and Drew move, we'll be looking for new roomies, one of which may be four-legged and furry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I studied up on all of the ghosts in this area when we moved here but haven't seen one yet - did go to Alice's grave when Becky and Caroline were here but she didn't come out. When I do meet one I'll know who it is! Your hotel sounded like one I would like. I remember being impressed with Gettyburg when we were there. Love hearing about your trips! Love you too!

Anonymous said...

The Hotel looks dreamy, did you get into that pool? Where is Drew and Matt going? The only thing about a cat is they walk on everything(kitchen tables and cabinets,etc.)It is strange to see your little friends before the weather turns Cold! Where is our next trip going? Take care and know we Love ya.