Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful Thoughts

In no particular order...

Family, by blood or by bond. Chapstick. Memories. Heat. Taste buds. Chocolate. My literacy. Electric blankets. Men. Laughter. Smiles from people I love. Hellos. Mom and Dad. My metro card. Gloves. Sight. A job. Sunshine. GPS units. Salvation. Watermelons.

Photographs. Girlfriends. Words of wisdom. Air. Indoor plumbing. Touch. Grace. Hand sanitizer. Cell phones. My bed. Gouda cheese and brie. Friendships. Lotion. Music. Deodorant. First kisses.

Hearing my name pass over someone's lips.

Flannel sheets. Grandparents. The holy spirit. Gravity. Crushed red pepper. Patience. My education. Electricity. Contact lenses. Water. Aspirin. My sister. Toothpaste. The right to vote. Red wine. My Doc Martens. Prayer. Tears, but mostly the happy ones. Rain. Stars. Mistakes and learning from them. Love. Trees. Mentors. Democracy. My hearing. Snow.

Being a woman. Vacations. Rainbows. Forgiveness. Art. My health. Calculators. Seasons. Trust. Lunch dates. Margaritas. The ability to reason. Shopping carts. Goodbyes. Pillows. Strength. Hot tubs. The moon. Hugs. Zippers. My voice. Coffee. Creativity. Animals. Skin. Airplanes. Different opinions. Umbrellas. Good neighbors. Stop lights.

Picking up where we left off. Skirts. Civil liberties. Toilet paper. My passport. Brownies. For listening to me. Puns. Spontaneity. The beach. Second chances. Flowers. Washing machines. Hot water.

Life lessons. Humor. Home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but laugh at the mention of "crushed red pepper, margaritas and washing machines". God bless.

And you know you're a DC resident when you list "civil liberty, the right to vote and democracy"! :D

Anonymous said...

Let me add to that list you have started. I am thankful for you!
xoxox