Friday, February 06, 2009

25 Random Things about Me

On Facebook, this "25 Random Things about Me" is pretty rampant now. I took the time to fill one out and thought I would post it here as well.
  1. When I was little I wanted to be a writer (and still wonder if I may one day). I was always writing stories, but also had a "book" that I kept in my trapper keeper (old school!) where the adventures of dust-bunnies were transcribed by me. I called them the Woozles. I also illustrated the the stories.
  2. I love the smell of rain.
  3. I love when people say my name. I can't wait to hear God say my name in heaven.
  4. When I am at home, I drink all my beverages out of wine glasses whether they contain alcohol or not.
  5. I get slightly uncomfortable when people use self-deprecating humor because I never know how to properly respond.
  6. I think moving to DC is one of the best decisions I've made in life.
  7. My sister is my best friend and I can't imagine life without her.
  8. I love my family and feel blessed to be close to them.
  9. When I was little, I was too chicken to get my ears pierced at the mall so I pierced them myself. It was a long process, but one I am pretty proud of now. When I got the second holes pierced I went to the mall though! :)
  10. My favorite season is fall. It used to be spring, but in the past few years I love what fall does to my senses. The leaves twirl to the ground before crumbling under my feet. Fireplaces pump smoke into the sky. The air is crisp and there's a hint of holiday cheer.
  11. Two of my favorite sounds are the crunch of snow and gravel under my feet.
  12. I always have a stack of books I'm meaning to read.
  13. One day I want to travel to Ireland.
  14. My favorite color is green.
  15. I can't wait to find that career in life that ignites my soul.
  16. One day I want to be a mom and I think I'll be pretty good at it.
  17. Sometimes I wonder if I should have gone into medicine.
  18. I have two reoccurring dreams: one about tornadoes and the other about losing my teeth. I pretty much hate both of them.
  19. My love language is the sense of touch.
  20. If someone cracks a clever pun in my presence, they get instant points and respect.
  21. I have a horrible memory. I can watch a movie and six months later forget most of it. If it's been over a few years since I've seen it, I can watch it again and it will be almost like new.
  22. One day I'd like to live in a house with a porch.
  23. I love traveling. My top three favorite destinations include: Italy, New Orleans, and St.Thomas. I think because they all had great food and fun hole-in-the-wall venues.
  24. My eyes change color depending on what I wear.
  25. I love to people watch and sometimes make up stories about their lives in my head.
Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think all of us who have had braces dream they loose their teeth...Strange....after all that work...

Anonymous said...

I want to travel to Ireland too!
Perhaps we can travel there together. :-) e