Monday, February 23, 2009

The Q& D

As I write, I am taking a break from working on my final for my first class. I can't believe that my first class in graduate school has already concluded. It was a quick five weeks! The class was challenging. I have a new respect for people who go back to grad school, especially those who have children and families. I honestly don't know how they do it. I'm so blessed to be able to go back to school at this moment in my life when I don't have anyone's schedule to consider by my own.

I had the pleasure of attending the Vagina Monologues at George Washington University over the weekend. It was the second time I'd seen the show, the first having been about this time last year when I saw it in Vegas. That was a fun trip! I have my aunt to thank for introducing me to the Vagina Monologues. Each monologue is somehow tied to the (surprise!) vagina. Whether the skit is humorous, serious, performed by one or several actors, they are all done by women. The monologues raise money for women's charities, most of which are related (surprise!) to sexual issues. For example, one of the charities that GW was supporting helped women of domestic abuse. It's great to be entertained, but also know that one's money supports a good cause.

Last week, I took some time to get my library card. I have to admit that it feels pretty good to have my local library be THE library. Today I took the day off work to go to the Library of Congress and work on my paper. I learned more about the LOC in several hours than in the four months that I worked there! Who would have thought?

I'm looking ahead to a much needed vacation. Paris is only 2.5 weeks away! Marie and I are working with Drew to make an agenda. I'll only be there for five days, so I imagine there won't be much time for sleep! When I get back fom Paris, I may take a month or two to recover and then look at going to Vegas or something. I've been itching to get back that way and relax in some warm sunshine...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad grad school is going so well. Won't be long till you are packing your bags for a wonderful trip to Paris - wish I was going with you xoxox

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the pictures! I can't wait to see what you see over seas. Was at Moms' house last night for our Bible Study. Keep up the good work..thinking of you.
Lots of Love.
Dean