Monday, March 09, 2009

March Madness

It's hard to believe that we are in the second week of March. Time is a flyin'.

We've had a couple changes in the house. Aaron and Carlos have moved and we've two new roomies: welcome Will and Milton! The house has been a bit chaotic with the transitions. Boxes still sit everywhere. Poor Charlotte doesn't know what to think. It's amazing how attuned animals are to changes. She doesn't eat the same and tends to be more reclusive when big changes are happening in the house.

This weekend's weather was a welcomed breath of fresh air after nearly seven inches of snow last week. Spring arrived in DC! I opened all the windows (well, the ones I could) and cleaned the house on Saturday. I also checked out NCC's Saturday evening service at our local coffee shop. It was quite packed and I was impressed and touched by the service. Later, Mal and Dave dropped in after checking out the Air Force memorial. We spent most of Saturday night together. Sunday was spent in the warm weather with a trip to the zoo and eating dinner outside. It was fabulous.

This week should prove to be an exciting one since I leave to visit Drew in France on Thursday! My bags aren't yet packed, but I'm still just as ready. I'm in need of a vacation and one in Europe will do just fine! Marie is flying there on Wednesday so she will beat me by a day. I'll return next Tuesday, so unfortunately my trip isn't that long. I'll take what I can get though.

Paris... here I come!

No comments: