Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Morning Adventure

So, I realized only five seconds after I'd shut my car's trunk that I had also locked my car keys within it. There is nothing quite as humbling as having to call AAA from a friend’s cell and asking them to come and unlock your trunk….

After giving a brief synopsis of my error and need, this is how part of the conversation went:

“Yes, Miss Duncan. Can you give us your AAA number?”

A pause. “Um, it’s in my wallet, which is in my trunk. I don’t know it.”

“OK, no problem, we can search by your name. Can you give us a phone number where we can reach you?”

“I don’t know the phone number I am calling from and my phone is locked in my trunk,” is how I respond. I need coffee is what I am thinking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny! I remember the time when Joan and I took you all to the Pavillion and after we let you out we parked the car in the garage. Joan said 'do you have the keys?' and I said 'of course'. Only to discover moments later I had locked them in the trunk with my purse. So - while you were enjoying the rides I sat in the garage waiting for the key man to come to my rescue. Fun memories.

Anonymous said...

Love reading the latest on your blog. You are doing a great job keeping us informed on all the happenings in your DC.

Dean said...

This is what I love about this blog..and you...

Anonymous said...

Yes, we can ALL relate in some form or fashion. Experiences like this do keep us humble. You have such a fun way to put it though! :-) xoed