Friday, December 08, 2006

It's St T time!!!

OK, can I just share how excited I am about NOT being here and being in St Thomas in one more day?!

It's definitely time to get out of town. I saw snow flurries last night. Ahh!

We had our work Christmas party and it was a good time. It was hosted by a co-worker's sister in law. The house was beautiful, like something out of Better Homes and Garden. It was definitely built for someone who entertains frequently. There were a couple of "great rooms" with cathedral ceilings and lots of windows. There was a sink almost everywhere you turned. They even had a "vegetable sink"... purposely made just for rinsing off vegetables. It was about three inches deep. Say what?! They had an island in the kitchen that featured a sink (there were FOUR in the entire kitchen!) and a stove top (with a professional hood). The downstairs alone had to be at least 2500-3000 square feet. Out back, they had one of those professional stone grills and a huge patio to entertain. There were Christmas lights, trees, and other decor everywhere. It was a beautiful home.

For dinner, we had Maggiano's take out (brought in?) and it was delicious. Since we had a cookie competition, there were many desserts (think: cookies, fudge, buckeyes, etc.). After dinner and a mild cookie-induced sugar coma, we sang a few carols and played a game called bonko. It's a dice game that is a good "party game" because it shakes the room up and involves changing tables/ seats every three minutes or so.

I got home shortly after 11. I thought about packing for about three minutes before I opted instead to veg a bit and then hit the pillow.

I have so much to do today, it's crazy! Mal and I are going to attempt to get DC licenses today on my lunch break. Cross your fingers, you know how fun the DMV can be. We got our first ticket on Wednesday for not having switched to DC tags yet. A whopping $100. Not cool. The process to get new tags in DC is (seemingly) long and it begins with getting a new license.

Before jet-setting outta here, I gotta hit the bank, we have to go to Target or Walmart and get some last minute supplies, and I have to pack.

As you can guess, there won't be any posts while I'm in St Thomas, but I will be sure to update when I get back in town...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two have a GREAT Time think of us freezing......it is suppose to get down to 16 degress tonight...how many days will you be gone..?? Have FUN

Anonymous said...

i guess you're already there! i was going to ask if bonko is the same as bunko? a bunch of suburban moms play bunko here in matthews. the house sounds delicious and huge! her basement is bigger than our brand new house! geez.
i wish we had a vegetable sink!

-kristina