Sunday, December 03, 2006

December Already?

So, it's begun. Thanksgiving has passed and Christmas has arrived. We've put lights up in our apartment. We strung colored lights around the front windows and put those fake candles in the center of the windows on the bottom and top floors. The colored lights in the windows stayed up a solid 24 hours before the duct tape that was holding them gave up and let them fall. Since when does duct tape not hold?? The white lights that Drew and I wove around the banister are festive and we've lit them every night since stringing them.

Mal and I attended our first Christmas party last night. It was with our Alpha group and was hosted in one of the member's home. The group was small, with only nine of us there. However, I enjoyed the intimate size. It makes for easier conversation. We had some food and then played Cranium, which is one of my favorite party games. It didn't hurt that I was on the winning team.

Dave is in town for the weekend, so Mal has been a bit preoccupied. He was able to go with us to the party last night. I could tell that Mal was excited to share him with some of our friends.

The week ahead looks busy already. On Thursday night I have my work Christmas party. It's quite a ways outside DC (almost an hour) at someone's house. I'm looking forward to it and the opportunity go get to know some of my coworkers better outside of the office. Besides that party, I think I'll be squeezing in some dinners with other folks before the week ends. Between dinner dates and holiday festivities, I'll be packing!

I can hardly wait until Saturday. I haven't decided if I'm more excited about going to the islands or seeing Mike again. It's a toss up. Just six more days...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hollidays are so much more fun with lots of different parties to attend! Good time to get to know people ourside of their office lives. Our neighborhood party is this Saturday so I'm busy getting all of my Santas out (or at least some of them!). Wish I could see your decorations. I'm excited about your trip to St Thomas and hope each day is more fun and full of surprises. XOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

ONE MORE DAY! Are you packed and ready to go? What time do you leave? How long will it take you to get there? Think you will be leaving before the very cold weather gets to DC - we are getting it tonight and tomorrow - coldest weather we have had for more than two years. Have fun in St Thomas and don't get sunburned. Maybe Mike will give you a kiss (or two)! XOXOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

busy busy, girl! can't wait to hear about st thomas when you return!

-kristina