Sunday, September 09, 2007

I Wish this Weekend was Long too

My weekend is almost gone. I can't believe it. Where did it go?

Last week seemed to crawl by for various reasons. Maybe because it was a literally short week, it had to make up for it figuratively. It seemed to drag, but the weekend is almost gone. Sadness.

There are some changes happening at work. They're changing the structure of the CCCU a bit and this will inevitably play out in the future with my position. Not quite sure what the implications are yet, but I know there will be some. Although Rich and I have talked about it, he seems to think that changes will occur pretty slowly, but that I may have many different roles by spring of next year. Guess we'll see...

We had a cookout yesterday afternoon. About 15 people came over for hotdogs, burgers, and fun sides. Emily did most of the cooking and Robby manned the grill. It was fun having people over. I had to slip out early cuz I attended a bachelorette party for a friend from the CCCU. That party was quite enjoyable too.

I think this week will feel long. Rich will be out of town until Friday. I originally was going to take Friday off and go to NC on Thursday night, but have opted for taking next Monday instead. Mike learned of a last minute work trip to Kansas on Thursday and Friday, so I would have missed him if I'd taken Friday off.

I don't have too much going on this week- just the Pregnancy Center laser-eye surgeon on Tuesday afternoon. I can't wait to talk to them about options and am excited about probably getting it done next year. It's something I've been wanting for a real long time and am finally making it happen.

I think this will be the last week for a while that I'll have plenty of "down" time. The Leadership Program starts next week. Between the Pregnancy Center and Leadership Program, I'll be busy enough.

Wish I had more to report on, but it's been kind of quiet this week...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know Mikes' parents work in a 2year old preschool...and today he came by after church...I told him how much I enjoyed the pictures and what a wonderful girl he had meet..he seemed to be a very nice young man..have a good week..and enjoy some slow time...you'll need it later...

Anonymous said...

Wow - you really had a nice weekend even if you weren't with Mike! Parties make the 'world go round'. Love to hear what is going on in with you. Hope your visit to the eye DR on Tuesday will be one filled with promise for you. Mark called and he is coming over to see me tomorrow. He is so excited with finding Janis again. XOXOXOX