Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Vegas Bound

Well, it seems that I've barely settled in to my east coast coast time zone (or so you would think since my last post). I'm leaving for Vegas in about ten hours. I'm really excited about it. Catching up with the Vegas family will be fun. It's long overdue.

This will be the first time Mal and I won't be traveling there together (boo on her), so the dynamics will be a little different. However, different is not bad! I'm looking forward to some quality time with some other members of my family (and family to be!).

I'll be meeting my aunt's fiance over the long weekend. They've quite a story and it will be beautiful to hear it told from their own lips as I watch them interact. Also, I am going to see a performance of Vagina Monologues, in which my aunt is performing. It should be entertaining and I'll be proud to see her on stage.

I'll be taking my computer and camera with me on my adventure. So, hopefully I can update this while I am out there.

Work has been crazier than normal lately. The team that I am on recently lost a key person. So, I've been trying to learn some new responsibilities when it comes to our website and conferences. It's been challenging, but I'm getting it. Even if some areas are a little slower for the lightbulb to begin burning.

I was told today that I'll be getting a raise, which is encouraging! Also, there's the possibility that I may be able to do some part time work after I move. I'd enjoy it and, from what I can tell, the Council could benefit from it as well.

Well, I'm off to bed. Get to take a quick nap before my alarm goes off at 6 AM. It'll be like "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" tomorrow as I catch a train to Baltimore, a shuttle bus to the airport, and then the plane to Vegas! Good times! :)

No comments: