Saturday, October 27, 2012

Piloting a Mountain with My Best Friend

Two Sundays ago Mike and I took a drive to Pilot Mountain, NC, after church. The weather was perfect: low 70s with only a few clouds in the sky. We stopped at Jersey Mike's on the way there and did a repeat (kind of) or our engagement day... minus it being at Hanging Rock and Mike proposing.
One awesome thing about living in NC, and being so close to the mountains, is being able to take advantage of the different seasons. North Carolina has beautiful roads lined with a gorgeous, natural quilt in the fall. We drove the hour+ drive to see how the quilt was faring so far.

I really was hoping the leaves would be a bit further along, but what we did see was beautiful. It's probably peaking this weekend and next, but we still got a preview of some of the majesty. Check out our pictures!



Lots of green still...
There were *some* orange leaves!

He "posed" for me...

I held it up all by myself!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please don't make Mike pose again..Dean