Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A haiku by Drew

The following Haiku was written by Drew and in response to the events that transpired (and were documented) yesterday morning:


Fiefels- a haiku *

I left her there
her hands still wet
the
drip of murder
the faucet on

A leg broken
a jaw
glued
but
none prepared
for the bath

Their cries
stifled
by plastic
bags
filling with water
and then no
more

An immigrant dream
shattered
cut down
a family
drowned -
by the worries of
two mad
women

* in memory of
those mice who have / will met their end in
apt. 918

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give Drew my congratulations for the Haiku! Sorry my answer to your mouse killing episode wasn't printed - supppose it is flying around space somewhere? It was long and I told you about my 'mouse time' and also about those cute little squirrels that destroy everything they can. Jennifer is here this week with me.
XOXOX