Sunday, May 06, 2007

DC Weekend

This weekend was great. It was nice to have another weekend in town and with nothing on the agenda.

Dave surprised Mal and came down for the weekend. On Friday, the three of us celebrated his semester's completion. We went to dinner and then caught the new Spiderman movie. The movie was pretty good, although it had some hoaky parts that were too sentimental and borderline corny. However, it was fun seeing a flick. What is it about going to the movies that never gets old? The atmosphere, smells, and shared space with strangers (that's strangely not uncomfortable at all) are a combo for greatness.

On Saturday, it was nice to sleep late and relax a bit. I finally watched The Godfather. I think it's a little over rated, but can understand why it's culturally loved.

That night, Drew and I went out to a local club and danced. It was fun and had been too long since we'd been dancing.

Today was DCish in every way. It was beautiful this afternoon. While Mal and Dave were out running around and shopping, Drew and I went to a modern art museum here in town. Then, we met up with Dave and Mal and grabbed dinner in Union Station. I ate some Indian food for the first time in a long time. It was fabulous.

The week ahead isn't too busy yet. We have our last Bible study before we break for the summer. I'm overdue for a visit to the Pregnancy Center. I'd like to get some more observation hours in this week. Also, I gotta give blood.

The Red Cross is stalking me.

Although I'm still not sure, I think I may go to NC next weekend. It kind of depends on mom's schedule (cuz, duh, it's Mother's Day) and Mike's. If either one of them is free, I'll be down there. If not, I'll spend another weekend here! Either way, next weekend is looking good too. :)

No comments: