Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

Well, it's the last day of a busy weekend. It was nice to sleep in this AM and it's also wonderful knowing that today is still ahead and nothing is on the agenda.

After Mallory and I returned from the beach, we unwound a few hours at the house. Later that night, Drew and I went to a French film at a local, small theater that plays mostly independent and foreign films. The film, Paris, Je T'Aime, is about a dozen short stories of people in Paris. The clips are completely unrelated, except for their common theme- Paris. At the end, some of the characters are tied together, but there are many left apart. I thought the film was beautiful and it made me wish I knew French. Drew liked it also, except for the ending, which he described as "hokey." Ah well, I enjoyed it.

Yesterday, Mal, Drew, and I went to church. It was a beautiful afternoon here.

After church, we came home and bummed for about .5 seconds. Mallory, Drew, and Robby all decided to go to Ikea. Being broke, not especially wanting to shop for hours, and willing to have some time alone, I let them go on their spree. I took advantage of my time alone by working out, repotting some needy plants, and talking to Mike on the phone. :)

It was wonderful, and rare, solitude.

When the three roomies came home, we did some furniture assembling that Robby bought for his room. Then, we had a yummy dinner that Mal made before Drew, Robby, and I went to see Shrek the Third. Honestly, I was disappointed with the movie. It was just a "two and a half stars" from me.

I'm not sure what today holds.

The weekend has been great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your weekend was filled with lots to do! Down time is always nice too. Still waiting for a picture of your new roomie. XOXOX