Thursday, June 07, 2007

Blue skies

Last weekend was great and this weekend is also looking promising. Last weekend, I snuck home to NC and semi-surprised Mike with a visit. Because of my inability to pull off a decent sounding lie, he figured out that I was on my way to visit and apparently "had the porch light on for about thirty minutes" before I got there.

"I knew you were on the way, just didn't know when you'd pull up." Busted. Ah well... it was still fun.

We shared a couple hours with some of his friends at Lake Norman. We picnic'ed on the boat and rode around for a couple of hours. Then, Mike and I went to his house and hung out for the rest of the evening doing "normal" (read: not long distance) couple stuff. It was great to not have a wedding to attend, a person to see (besides each other), or place to be! I got him all to myself. :)

This week has been great. I went to the Pregnancy Center and observed onTuesday night. I think I'm ready to dive in and get my feet wet. One of the Directors there shared some similar sentiments with me. She's "impressed with my progress" and thinks I'm ready to take the reins. I have signed up to observe two more times this month, with hopes of soaring solo in July, but I may try it a little sooner and take advantage of my next two times by being observed myself!

We'll see.

Last night, Brooke came to visit. Unfortunately, in my last few trips to NC, we've missed each other because of our schedules. So, it was nice to have her in town for the evening. We went to one of my favorite Indian restaurants last night and then had some nice "chat time" before calling it a night. Since she spent the night, I also got to meet her for lunch before she goes back home tonight!

Tonight I'll be packing for my mini-vacation. I'm going to Orlando this weekend with Mike and the fam!! Mallory is bringing her boyfriend along also. It will be wonderful to see my parents, but also my very missed extended family. As a bonus, I get to have some quality pool time and sunshine. Mmm. I can feel the rays already...

My flight leaves tomorrow after work. I'm flying from DC to Charlotte, where I'll meet Mike. The two of us are on the same flight to Orlando. Then, it will be four days of heaven!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great vacation! Don't forget to say Hi from the Ford Family to everyone!