Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I'm back!

So, it's been a while since I wrote a post. I know you all were worried about me! ;)

I've been pretty busy lately and also limited to computer access (besides the one at work, which I'd feel kind of guilty about using during office hours for blogging reasons).

I'll give some highlights:
  • I went to Florida with the family and Michael and Dave (well, Dave went with Mal)- it was quite an adventure including some horrible travel moments (don't EVER fly US Airways!!) for Mike and me, but overall very fun. I got to see some extended fam in FL and my grandma!! I also got to spend some time with my parents, while hanging with Mike. Mike and I went to three Disney parks- Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Magic Kingdom. He hadn't been to any, so it was extra fun watching him experience it all for the first time! Besides the parks, I got to play some tennis and swim. Enjoyed some quality time with the fam and him. It was a nice (be it, short) vacation.
  • Last weekend was relaxing for the most part. Mallory and I attending a wedding here in DC. One of the guys in our small group tied the knot on Saturday. So, we met up with a few other folks from church and had a good ole' time celebrating. The couple was married in a beautiful, small church in Georgetown. It had an "old" charm to it with its hard and squeaky pews, worn Bibles, and breathtaking stain-glass windows. The ceremony was about thirty minutes and the reception was several hours. They had a sheet cake as their wedding cake- a simple carrot cake with cream cheese icing that was really yummy! And I'm not even the biggest carrot cake fan.
  • Last night I went to the Preg Center. I think I'm ready to try it on my own. I observed again last night. I've heard that I'll always be learning and no one client/ case is ever the same. So, I might as well jump in, eh? I'm ready to get my feet wet, whether my wings are working or not. So, next week I'm scheduled to go on Wednesday night. I'm going to talk to them about having someone observe ME and see if I pass.
Tonight Steve (former neighbor) stopped by to visit. I had just started watching Copycat, a mid-nineties "suspense" movie. So, when he came in, I restarted it and we watched it together. Then, he endured some of my cooking and we watched The Wonder Years. Good show and nice evening.

Mallory left this AM for NC. She towed our broken car home. The transmission keeled over on Saturday and the mechanics here in DC were basically demanding an arm and a leg for them to repair it. Our "guy" back home is willing to do it for half the price. So, Mal rented a U-Haul with a trailer hitched to the back of it (the only option) and bravely drove it down! She gets mad props for that.

Mallory is planning on staying in NC until the beginning of July. Meanwhile, Drew is in France and Robby and I are here alone. Only, I am here alone cuz Robby is a work-aholic and has been MIA during the week nights.

I was supposed to go to VA for a bachelorette party this weekend, but it looks like the only partying I will be doing is in DC and will probably involve the couch. Stupid transmission.

Party on the couch! Everyone's invited!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to see you back! I was hoping for some pictures. Your Mom was well rested from vacation. Billy's transmission went out last month...got it fixed and worked for 3 days and now has a Honda Civic. His first car payments,he has to have a car for work. Glad you had a good vacation and hope to hear from you soon.