Friday, June 29, 2007

Good News

Did I mention that I'm leaving for Seattle today?!?!!! I leave for the airport in about six hours. I see the Seattle skyline in 11 and my boyfriend in 12. Yay!!

Also, talked to my lawyer today about a "reckless driving" ticket I received while going through VA about a month ago. No wise cracks, folks. My speed (83) was more than VA can handle without labeling it "reckless." When I was perusing the internet and trying to get estimates of fines, lawyer costs, etc. I was looking at close to $1000 to get me out of this one. Fortunately, I have the ball rolling now and have a lawyer.

He called me this morning and talked costs. Looks like it will be about half of what I was expecting. Phew. Also, there's a new judge starting on August 1 who's replacing the hard-core, uptight judge now. So, hopefully, this new judge will be merciful on little me. My lawyer thinks my clean-slate record will at least get the ticket reduced to a "speeding" ticket versus "reckless" ticket.

As the date approaches, I'll remind you guys to be praying for me (and the new judge!). I'm feeling better about the situation than I was, however. I'm relieved to have some closure before I fly to Seattle.

I'll take some pics and hopefully get them posted when I return! Here I goooooooooo...............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From the voice of experience it isn't fun to have to deal with the law! Good luck on having your ticket changed to just speeding. Forget all of your troubles and just enjoy Mike and Seattle! XOXOXOX