Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Another trip

Well, I've been counting down my upcoming trip for a few months now. It's hard to believe that in just two days I'll be hopping on a plane to Seattle! I can hardly wait.

Mike and I will be going to Seattle on Friday (assuming there are no annoying travel issues) and will be there though the 4th.

On Monday I received some travel vouchers from US Airways. They sent Mike and me two tickets for $150 each and some "free drink or headset" coupons. I'm hoping that the next experience we have with US Airways won't leave me wishing I had more drink coupons than two! If not, I'll never "fly with US" again. Ever.

When Robby and I returned home from the gym last night, we discovered all of the front doors wide open (we have three to get into the house). I felt my heart skip and pump wildly as a small gasp escaped my mouth. We both stopped short at the front steps and peered at the open doors.

There was one light on- the light in the kitchen. I crept around to the front window and peered in. I saw no one. Robby made me stand outside as he crept in the house. Not to be one to miss an adventure, I followed a few feet behind him. The house was quiet and nothing appeared to be out of place (except for the wide open doors and kitchen light). Weird.

We called... "Drew? Mallory??" No response. And then... a sound upstairs.

I remained in the foyer as Robby crept closer to the stairs. Then we saw it. A lone suitcase. I tiptoed to the bag and checked the luggage tag. It belonged to Mallory and I told Robby.

We shouted there names again- even louder. I was feeling better by this point.

Finally, an answer. It was Drew and he was home.

And now there is three. We're just missing Mal. She should be home this weekend... when I'm in Seattle. heh.

I'm going to the Pregnancy Center tonight. It will be my last night of observing. Next Thursday someone will watch ME and give me a "thumbs up" or "thumb down" report. From there, I either have to be observed again or can start counseling solo. I'm pretty pumped about it.

No comments: