Monday, November 12, 2007

A Case of the "Blahs"

I tried to describe to Kat what I'd been feeling lately.

"I didn't go anywhere or do anything because I didn't want to. Then, I sat at home wishing I was doing something. But not really. I don't know if I'm homesick or tired. I'm depressed. But, not depressed, depressed like clinically. Just... ugh. Bored? That's not the right word either. I don't know what's wrong with me."

"Yeah," she sighed, feeling my pain and understanding it. "Shara and I call that 'the blahs.'"

So, I've got a case of those. And they're being pretty persistent.

I've felt anxious, but I don't know why. I haven't been doing as much stuff lately. Also, haven't hung out with many friends lately (besides the roomies). Maybe that's why. I don't know.

Also, am feeling ready to leave DC.

Still, feel like I'm supposed to be here for now. However, some days I feel it's more of a sticky situation than a choice.

Am I homesick? Love sick? Or just sick of who knows what...?

Robby is debating a job in NYC. Drew has informed me that Morocco is likely his next move and that move is probably in January. Emily seems to be looking to get out of Dodge too.

Seems like we just went through this roomy process. Ugh. The idea of finding new roommates again sucks. It just does. I'm sick of the drama and the instability.

The holidays can't get here fast enough.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are feeling this way!! I think it is knowing you WILL be coming back this way that it's pulling you away from there. Kinda like what your cousin has right now, "senioritz'. It's normal when you know you are a "short timer". Your heart is some place else therefore you are just existing not living! Hang on girl- the holidays are coming! xoed

Anonymous said...

Cheer UP! You will be back with the crazy people soon....Thanksgiving is right around the corner...if we don't have the down times..we don't know how great the good times are..and it's a time we all have....just a time to look at our lives and see how God has really blessed us...We Love ya ..and can't wait to see ya again...Girl Friend..

Anonymous said...

I think God lets us have bad times so we will appreciate the good time when they come - and they always do!

Steve Sauer said...

That ain't fun! I'm just down the street. Looks like I better hang out before y'all just take off and split! ceaqun