Monday, November 05, 2007

Some new stuff

I'm kind of embarrassed at my number of postings (or lack of) lately. I've been kind of busy, but not busy enough to use it as an excuse.

I just returned from a weekend in NC. Most of the weekend was spent jumping from here to there, but it was fun. We celebrated Mike's birthday. He's 27! I'm dating an (slightly) older man.

My time at home seemed to pass more quickly than normal. Mike pointed out to me last night that it was the first weekend in a while that I hadn't made a full three-day event. I guess I was getting used to being spoiled by three-day long weekends in NC. The average weekend hours aren't enough!

I enjoyed some quality (be it brief in quantity) time with the family. When I wasn't with my own, it seemed like I was with Mike's. His family all got together on Saturday night for his bday party. We had a delicious meal (apps: salad, broccoli salad, and shrimp bisque; entree: corn, peas, homemade bread, and flank steak; dessert: homemade cake (and icing!) with ice cream) and then Mike opened his presents. He got a lot of decorations for his master bath and some other house items.

On Sunday, his parents, mine, and the two of us all did lunch together for the first time since Mike and I have been dating. It was great! I'd been anticipating the moment for a while and was excited that it finally happened.

I got to spend some more family time in Winston before heading to Mike's in GSO for a bit. We decorated his bath, he changed my car's oil, we played with the chickens, AND chatted (all within a little under two hours) before I hit the road again for DC. I'm looking forward to 40 minute car rides between our homes versus the 5.5 hours. So is he.

In other news: I went to the eye doctor on Friday to be "checked and cleared" for eye surgery in January. I got two thumbs up from them. My eyes are super healthy (thank God) and could handle the laser surgery and implantable lenses. While I was there, I learned some more about the procedure and possible risks, many of which are undetermined since it's a relatively new procedure. However, the risks I did hear made me concerned.

I'm leaning towards waiting on getting my eyes done. Their longest patient outcome is only two years running and I'd like a little longer results than that. Also, I think there are some things that could be improved upon with a couple more years of experience and testing. So, while my decision isn't final, I'm more than 50% sure that I'll wait on this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must agree with Mike.It was wonderful to have you back in NC.
We all will be looking forward toward the end of the month when you can stay longer. The visit with "that other family"
was fun. They really are nice people. (Not anything like Mike!)
:-)
Till then.... keep blogging!
ed

Anonymous said...

Yes it has been a long time...Oct. and now we are in Nov.. but I told your mother I would not nag..:)..With the concerns you have about the eye surgery, remember better safe than sorry...maybe we could wait until we get home:). We love ya. take care!