Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Challenge Ahead

Maybe it was a temporary moment of insanity, but I signed up to do this in April.

I, along with four of my coworkers, are planning on participating in the event. It will be the first of anything like this I've ever done.

Last night I tested my performance right out of the gate. I ran/walked on the treadmill for 50 minutes and went 3.5 miles. Since I've signed something saying I can complete the 10-mile adventure in under two hours and 10 minutes, I've got a ways to go.

Still, I'm encouraged that I'm not too much under a decent "start" time. Also, I'm not crazily sore since I was moderate in my test last night. I was a complete mess by the end, but didn't push my body beyond what it is capable of comfortably doing.

My friend, Jennifer, is super big into running marathons and races- I'm sure I'll be asking her many questions about training and diet tips to make the most of what I'm eating.

Am I insane????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you! you are my new hero :)

Anonymous said...

WOW - ten miles is a long way to run. Doubt if I would be running along with you even if it was 55 years ago! Bet you will have a figure to dream about! Years ago Papa had to have a tread mill test and they hooked him up with all of the wires and he took one step and the DR said thats it - stop! Still getting ready for the party Saturday. XOXOXOX jd

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kimmie, you are my new hero! I am VERY proud of you girl for going where no Duncan woman has gone before! I have heard once you start this you are hooked!edxo