Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Some blips

I moved offices last week from sitting at a desk outside Rich's office to a new desk in a completely different building and across the alley from my former bossman. It was a little sad, but I am adjusting. It took all of about 30 minutes to move me. It was a bit humbling that all my things fit in a few boxes (files included). I suppose it was a good thing though. I hate moving stuff.

Two weekends ago, I caught up with my dear best friend from high school, Priya. I rode the train to Philly for the weekend. For Christmas, I bought her a 1000 piece puzzle, so most of our weekend was spent visiting and working on the toy. When we weren't doing that, we were Christmas shopping, watching movies, or just lounging and catching up. It was a wonderful change of scenery, but also magnificently paced for a weekend. I rode the bus back to DC, which was a mere $15! Holla!

Last Saturday, I drove to Richmond and saw Mal and Dave for the evening and into Sunday. It's great having her closer. We did a little shopping ourselves, went to dinner and then hung out with Dave that evening before watching The Devil Wears Prada. Such a cute movie. It brought back memories of when Mal won tickets on the radio and we went for free while she lived in DC too.

When I returned on Sunday evening, I went to eat dinner with Kat and some other folks. Kat made a true German meal (she's lived in Germany) for about eight of us, including Rich and Kathy Gathro, their daughter, and Kat's Leadership mentor. It was delicious and a wonderful evening of laughter and conversation.

I have Leadership Group tonight and then tomorrow night I am free. I'm so torn as to what I should do. I know I need to run, but what afterwards? I also need to give blood. The Red Cross is stalking me for my blood. Almost every day they call.

Plus, tomorrow is the last night Drew will be spending the night in our apartment until April. So, I feel like maybe a fun dinner is in order. Robby has already gone to CA for Christmas, but Emily is still here.

I'm excited about going home on Friday. The Council has given us until the 1st off. Many places in DC actually go by that "holiday" schedule- except for government jobs. A few of my friends have lame schedules, but most of us are golden.

Speaking of "holiday"- I've been doing this little test while out shopping. When the cashier tells me "happy holidays," I respond with my chipper, "Merry Christmas." It really is amazing how people respond. Most respond with a warm "Merry Christmas" in return and even... a twinkle? I definitely have detected twinkling eyes. It's amazing. You guys should all try it before the shopping season has come to an end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always say Merry Christmas!