Monday, January 07, 2008

Good-byes and Hellos

It was hard to get back in the real world" groove last week. Thank the Lord it was only a three-day work week with the holiday and all. It seemed to drag and the weekend flew.

Friday night was relaxing compared to the days that followed. On Saturday morning, Billy moved into Drew's room. I haven't seen him since he dropped his things off that day.

Saturday afternoon Drew and I watched a movie until Mallory came into town that night. The three of us had dinner together before other people started showing up for Drew's "Bon Voyage" party. At around eight, friends started coming by and we all hung out for a couple hours at the house before hopping the bus and rail to the karaoke place where we'd reserved a room. It was much fun and Drew made sure to stress it was a "retro" night. So, we gals all glammed ourselves up in retro styles and made it even more interesting.

I afro'd my hair and put on lots of make-up to get in touch with my inner 70's soul. Mallory and JoyAnna dolled their make-up to bring out some old school flavor as well. We were quite an interesting looking bunch! There were some pictures taken that I'll try and get my hands on to post for your amusement. Good times.

On Sunday, Mal and I went shopping before she headed back to VA. After she left, Drew and I headed for Dulles Airport, where his plane for Morocco was departing.

It was sad to say good-bye. I'll miss him.

Drew returns in April and until then we'll make some memories with Billy.

I'm slowly training for my run in April. I can't believe it's in three months. Yikes!

This week is back to the grind after the slow, holiday transition. I'm going to the Pregnancy Center tomorrow and have my first Fellows Group meeting of 2008 on Wednesday. I'm already counting down the days until Thursday evening, when Mike arrives for a long weekend visit! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Know you will miss Drew! I am anxious to see the pictures of you all going to his Bon Voyage party! Try and send some. How do you like your camera? Hope its a good one! XOXOXOX