Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Fun Visitor

Mike was here this weekend! We both took off Friday and enjoyed three days together. We visited the National Air and Space Museum. I've included some of our best shots (below):

Mike touching "moon rock." It was really smooth and black, like slate.
I didn't pass as a "Stewardess" in the 1950s. Too tall, heavy, and spunky. Whatever.
The two of us in a cockpit (from the 1950s).
He was checking out an engine...
I was posing in front of it.

Yeah, I made him "pose" for me. Not quite sure what he's supposed to be doing here.

I think looking at a map of some sort.

Showing off some acting skills of my own as I steer a ship on which planes land. Impressive, eh?

There was an early airplane that only weighed 70 lbs. Probably because it looked like a guy sitting on twigs and plastic while wrapped in saran-wrap.

Checking out the planes.

Thought this was appropriate: A line of birds perched on top of the Air & Space Museum. Cute.

As well as the A & S Museum, we also went to one of our favorite places to visit, the Botanical Gardens. They're beautiful!!




Aww. In the biggest room of the Gardens.

For more pics, you can click on this link.

Besides the two places mentioned above, we went to a play at a local theatre. I had been before, but the play was completely redone so it was new to me too. It was fun and entertaining.

In between, Mike got to meet some people whom I've lovingly mentioned in my stories of DC. We met some folks for dinner on Friday night.

It was a wonderful, but super fast weekend. I'm actually kind of exhausted.

Here are some recent running stats:

  • Best Distance Completed: 4.5 miles
  • Longest Time: 55 minutes (this includes a five minute walking "cool-down")
  • Weight lost to date (since training began in mid Dec.): 3 lbs.

As a reminder, I will be running the 10 miles on April 6th. I have pledged to complete the distance in 2 hours and 10 minutes. Each week, I'll increase my running time to slowly improve my endurance. I'll post an update to these stats in another two or three weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was so much fun to see the pictures of you and Mike - but the last one was the very best of all!

Anonymous said...

Nice weekend! Glad Mike came to see you and share some of the DC fun stuff to do. When I was growing up I wanted to be an airline stewardess! The biggest word on the board behind you was "smile" and girl you can do that. You have a great smile! :-)
ed