Thursday, April 17, 2008

All In

I've been on an emotional rollercoaster, if I'm to be perfectly honest. One day I'm feeling confident in what's ahead (by God's grace) and others I'm a complete mess with my emotions teetering between sadness and anger.

God has been revealing things to me and I can count my blessings. With the door closing on our relationship, I can clearly see that it was the only door open to NC. There was no job offer and I hadn't looked at housing.

Meanwhile, Drew wants me to stay here and has extended an offer (which I've accepted) to live in the house. I spoke with my boss yesterday (for whom I enjoy working) and we talked about my future at the Council. It's looking prosperous and there are many opportunities for me to learn new skills and sharpen what I know. There were even talks of a title change.

I was telling some friends last night that this will be a year where I can truly live completely in DC. I always had a foot in NC and was ready to leave over a man. Now, I can truly plant both feet here and BE completely in this city. I love this city and it's been good to me. Who would have thought two years ago when I came to help my "baby sister" find an apartment that I would find myself here?

I'm looking forward to another summer in DC of Screen on the Green, Jazz in the Garden and patio sipping. There are museums to still see and friends to know deeper. There are memories to be made here and I'm ready to make them.

God has me here for a reason and I hope to honor that completely. Now I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Love ya

Dean