Thursday, April 24, 2008

Which way is up again?

Things have been pretty busy here lately. Since I came back to town on Monday, I've been jumping from one thing to the next.

Tonight I have a 5k benefit run in which I'm participating. You can read more about it here. It's barely over three miles, but I'm a little nervous because my back right heel has been aggravating me. It feels like it may be my Achilles tendon, but I'm no doctor. So, my nervousness stems from health concerns rather than the distance.

Mallory told me of a half marathon in Richmond that's taking place in mid-November. I think I'm more apt to go to it than the one in RI because it's closer and I also imagine that things will be nutty during June with Mal's wedding around the corner (something she pointed out to me). So, I can train in plenty of time to do that.

Things are developing on the job front here in DC. I'm in talks with my boss and other superiors about some position shifting. While we're just talking, there may be opportunities for me to travel quite a bit with these shifts. That's pretty exciting!

This weekend is looking busy. I'm going with Drew to work on a run-down house on Saturday. We're getting together with a group of people he knows to paint, clean and make-over a house in SE. It's going to be an all day event!

On Sunday, I am helping a friend move in the afternoon. I have no expectations for Sunday night. I imagine that collapsing may be my only plan. IF I'm up for it, however, my church is having a talent show that night. So, I may go to that.

I'm happy to be consumed by happenings. It feels good to keep moving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the up date! I'm happy now!