Monday, April 07, 2008

Race Results

I've never felt a high like yesterday when I saw the finish line and then raced across! Wow. It was amazing. I can understand now how people become addicted to the runs. The feeling while crossing that line is like no other.

I finished the ten miles in under two hours (1:54:52), which was a little surprising. My training had me paced at over two hours. The results are here. You can find my name easily by hitting (Control + "F") and then typing in my name. It has a breakdown of details.

Mallory and a my friend, Marie, both cheered me on as I ran. I saw them at the 5 mile marker and then again in the last mile. Despite her own soreness from her 10K the day before, Mal even ran with me the last 400 yards. It was touching and I cried at her support as she ran beside me, cheering and encouraging me. What a wonderful sister I have!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement and support that you have provided. I have felt deeply loved.

In addition to that news, Drew arrived from Morocco last night. We had a welcome home party for him and heard stories of his time abroad. He's happy to be back in DC and I'm excited that a close friend has returned.

I'm praying and examining my move to NC. In light of where Mike and I currently stand, I have no answer. I'll probably still shoot some resumes out and meet with some folks, but I have some big decisions to make. If Mike and I don't reconcile, it may be that I'm supposed to stay in DC and finish some business. What business that is, I'm not sure. Then again, I'm unsure about a lot of things these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So very proud of you for running the race! When we press on we are rewarded. This is true of life.
Happy to hear Drew made it home.
God's timing is good!