Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Puddles

It's been a little over a month- a month and three days.

I've kept moving lately and have made plans for my summer. I've booked a trip to Florida for vacation. I've bought a ticket to a concert in late June that's in Maryland. I'm looking ahead to a summer of beach trips and a possible visit to NYC. October holds a half-marathon in Richmond, VA, and a ten-miler a couple weeks before in DC.

Life is moving forward. Still... with the morning rays on my eyelids or the dark of night pressing against the window, I'm inwardly reflective. I'm praying for complete peace. I feel it at times, but know that I've a while until it's familiar.

I'm embracing my runs and solo times. During most opportunities I don't take my MP3 player and just listen to myself or chat with God. Or at Him.

The tourists are invading DC and I'm reminded of my first spring and summer here. Everywhere I went, I had my camera in tow. I keep telling myself that I need to just bring it along and go for a walk. I always see things I wish I could capture and share. Isn't it when we share it that it truly becomes real?

I've seen some amazing flowers and it's fun to watch the activities on the Mall. There are sunbathers, dog walkers, runners, couples, singles, babies, dads and footballs. The geese and ducks are all new parents with their goslings and chicks in tow. Precious. I saw a bird bathing in a rain puddle on Monday night. I'm a sucker for bathing birds. I had to stop and watch. They flit and get so exciting as they splash. Seemingly oblivious and at one with the water.

I've two more Wednesdays of my Leadership Fellows group. I can't believe it's been almost nine months since I began the program. I won't know what to do with my free Wednesdays now. It's going to be wonderful! We have a retreat this weekend and then next Saturday is our graduation.

Our new roomy has moved in and Robby has moved down the street to live in an "all boys" house. I think he wants to live in a bachelor-style house one last time before growing up completely. New roomy, Matt, is a nice guy and hung out quite a bit with Drew and I over the weekend. Emily is moving out in about two weeks and our new roomy, Marie, will be moving in. Phew. Talk about many changes!

My role will be shifting at the Council and I'm looking at a position with some more responsibilities and possibilities for travel. At this point, I'm looking forward to embracing those challenges. I'm already looking at two business trips in June- one to Minnesota and another to Florida. We'll see what else piles on the plate.

No comments: