Thursday, January 02, 2014

A Pampers Christmas Story

A true Christmas story that I shared with Pampers. The email I sent is pasted below:

As new parents to a two month old boy, my husband and I have been avid users of Pampers since we were first introduced to them in the hospital. We love the quality of your product! Recently, we had an incident that confirmed just how consistent that quality is.

We were visiting my husband's family on Christmas. It was the last stop after a long day of traveling. We had just arrived after being four hours in the car. I picked up my son, Isaac, and his diaper bag so I could change him. When I looked in the bag, there were no more Pampers- we had failed to restock the bag!! Normally, this would be no big deal. We'd just hop in the car and ride down to the store to get more, but this was Christmas. NO stores were open.

My brain began to race. What would MacGyver do? I began to think... washcloths, duct tape, safety pins... Thankfully my dear mother-in-law was standing right there and knew what to do.

"I have some of Michael's (my husband) old Pampers. Could you use them?" she asked. For a second I thought she was kidding. My husband is 33 years old. Who keeps diapers that long? I could tell from her face that she was serious and using 33-year-old Pampers seemed like a much better idea than duct tape.

I followed her to her room where she pulled a box from her closet. It was a "memory box" of sorts that contained old photos of my husband, his toys and Pampers! In the box were five unused Pampers.

We grabbed one of the diapers and took it to my husband. If Isaac was going to wear his 33-year-old diapers, I thought there would be no better photo on Christmas than one of my husband changing his son into my hubby's old diapers! (note: there were other "better" photos that day, but this was definitely one that made the list)

To my surprise, the diaper itself was in great shape. The adhesive was still sticky after all that time! Isaac wore that diaper and one more before we left later that night to head home (where our supply of 2013 diapers were).

I learned two lessons that day: 1) Pampers made and still makes a high quality diaper. 2) It's not such a bad idea to keep diapers in that memory box I am making for Isaac.

Thanks, Pampers, for caring about babies old and new throughout the years! You have some true believers when it comes to my family.

Michael taking off Isaac's 2013 diaper.
Putting on the diaper from 1980/81
The wise mother-in-law and Isaac!
Are there Pampers in the stocking??
If only Pampers cost $1!

No comments: