Friday, August 24, 2007

Blip

The beginning of the week seemed to creep. I think I was in a little withdrawal from NC.

I'm relieved that today is Friday and I'm looking forward to an open-ended weekend. It'll be nice to be in town without any plans. Those are the weekends that usually wind up being the best kind!

Last Monday I interviewed with hopes of becoming a fellow at the National Center for Leadership. The program would team me up with a mentor in D.C. and a dozen other people my age. I'd be studying leadership skills and teamwork. We'd read about three books, 25-30 articles and study the book of Daniel. The program is nine months and intense. It even has a few weekend retreats.

The application process has been extensive. I had to be nominated and submit an essay-answered application along with some references. I'm at the end though. My interview seemed to go well. It was a round-table interview where I was asked questions by the two Directors, a Board member, and a recent Program Alum. Luckily, I didn't get lost getting there (just driving home). I'm supposed to hear from them any day about my acceptance or not.

Tuesday at the Preg Center was a lot smoother than last week's! Thankfully, I wasn't the only counselor this week. One of my favorite people to counsel with was there. We had two clients and a lot of time to chat between us. It was a good night.

Emily and her former roomy cooked us dinner on Wednesday night! Her ex-roomy came over and they fixed an Italian feast. Plus, her roomy's boyfriend came over so we had even more guests. It was a fun dinner party that lasted into the wee hours.

We're slowly building our household community again. It's taken some time, but we're getting there. Wednesday night was entertaining and a glimpse of many more memories to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on becoming a 'fellow' - know they all were impressed with you! I am!!! So glad you are enjoying and discovering fun evenings with Emily and her friends. Your Dad came to see me Thursday night and will get to stay til Sunday. Went to a buffet he likes yesterday and tonight we are going to a Chinese buffet - WOW - no cooking for me. XOXOX