Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Yippie!!

I got accepted into the Leadership Program!!! :) Yay!! Our first meeting starts September 19th and our first retreat is at the end of September. By the time of the retreat, I have to read Vocation: Discerning Our Callings in Life by Douglas Schuurman. It should be a positive first book to read. Maybe by the time the course is complete, I'll know what I want to be when I grow up.

Also, today I went to my eye doctor and got the name of a recommended LASIK surgeon. I'm scheduling an appointment with him soon. The possibility of LASIK sugery is SUPER exciting. My eye doctor seems to think I'm a good candidate, I just have to get the "thumbs up" from the surgeon. He's the one who will have to check out my corneas and make the call. If so, I'll be looking at a surgery date in the winter or spring of next year.

To prepare myself, I bought some new glasses and lenses today. Whoa. I think I'll be making payments on that purchase for a couple months. Thankfully, the guy who works in the shop felt sorry for me and knocked 50% off the cost of my frames. He saved me about $90 in the end... a small cost compared to that of my lenses.

If I get approved for the surgery, I'll have to wear my glasses 24/7 for about 2-4 weeks (depending on what the doc says). So, I bought them in preparation (and hopes!) that they'll come in handy when I decide to do it. Luckily, surgery costs include any post-lenses requirements. In other words, if I still need glasses (and I prob. will with my poor eyes) then the new prescription lenses will be no charge. Good thing too. I'll be paying off these for a while. :)

I'm going to see West Side Story at Wolf Trap tomorrow night. I'm excited since I've only seen the movie. It should be a fun play and I'm looking forward to bonding with some co-workers outside of the office!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being accepted as a fellow! Each road you follow is another step ahead. Your lazik surgery sounds like a great idea - wish I was younger and I would try it too. Hope you enjoy The West Side Story - that is the only movie your Papa and I ever walked out on! Think going to Wolf Trap sounds fun though. XOXOX

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you for getting the spot in the Leadership program! God has given you so many abilities in that area it is nice that other people recognize that too.
New glasses! I know those set you back. Sorry you got my vision but you did also get one good thing from me. Now, what was that good thing?!?!?
ed

Anonymous said...

Very nice...I thought they would see what a winner you are...I always saw it..I wont a picture with the new glasses...In high school our senior play was West Side story...how OLD is that? I know what those GOOD things are....take care...