Wednesday, August 15, 2007

DC Report

Well, the week has been pretty calm after the hectic weekend.

On Monday night I met up with Kat and some of her friends from church. We went to this summer's last Screen on the Green, where Casablanca was playing. We met out there about an hour before the movie started and had a festive picnic. The weather was nice and actually comfortable despite the blazing heat that was present last week. Since I'd recently seen Casablanca and we were sitting in a location that was less than ideal for seeing AND hearing it, we all left kind of early. The picnic was fun though and I met some great new folks.

Last night I went to the Pregnancy Center for a few hours. There was supposed to be another counselor there with me, but she was a no show. Unfortunately, they had scheduled clients for both of us. So, I wound up seeing everyone who came in (five women) and spent quite a bit of time playing catch-up on paperwork after they all left. It was good though. It made the evening go by quickly. All of them were very patient and gracious as I had explained that I was the only counselor there. There were generally two women in line at any given time. No one left and no one was fussy about waiting. I finished my paperwork shortly before ten o'clock. Thankfully I don't live far and the walk is short!

Tonight I hung out again with Kat. We didn't get any one-on-one time on Monday night and both realized that tonight would be the only evening in a couple weeks where we are both free AND in town. So, we just milled around Union Station. I had some coffee and sushi. We did a little window shopping and caught up with one another.

Kat has applied for the same Leadership Program as I. We're both pretty sure that our odds are favorable. Her interview is Saturday morning. Since I'm going to NC this weekend, I've scheduled mine for Monday night.

Tomorrow night I'm going to the Nats game with JoyAnna. I've enjoyed getting to know her more as the year has developed. I think the Mets are playing the Nats, but I'm not too sure. I'm just looking forward to some hotdogs, cold drinks and fun memories!

On Friday I'm going to NC. I think Mal and I will shop for bridesmaid dresses. She already has almost everything planned. She even has her dress bought. Pretty much the only thing that I don't know much about are the bridesmaid dresses. Those remain to be talked about or seen. So, I think that's on her "to do" list still. That should be a fun shopping experience. When I'm not with Mal and other family, I plan on seeing Mike a little bit too. It's going to be a fast weekend. I can tell already...

No comments: