Thursday, August 02, 2007

A Recap

Well, Emily has moved all of her things to our place. I'm happy to have the search out of the way. Plus, I think she'll be a great addition to our house!

On Monday night I went with her and a couple co-workers to Screen on the Green. It's one of my favorite activities to do in DC during the summer. The city hosts a big screen viewing of a classic flick right on the Mall! They begin the film at dusk, but everyone begins to gather with picnic baskets and frisbees several hours before the feature presentation. Last Monday was the third week's show and I finally caught it. We watched Wait Until Dark. It is a great film!

On Tuesday I went to the Pregnancy Center. I hadn't been in about a month. My last scheduled day was on the day of Papa's funeral. So, needless to say I didn't make that counseling session. It was great to be back at the Center. Tuesday night's session was my FIRST solo session and it went really well. If you'll recall, the last time I went I was being observed. When I arrived at the Center, I received my Certificate of Completion for having finished the necessary training. Yay! I'm official.

Last night I attended the Nationals vs. Reds game. It was my second game of the 2007- 2008 baseball season. Surprisingly, the Nats won by a landslide! I attended the event with some co-workers and some of their friends, one who is a Jeopardy champion! Tom held the record for the most consecutive wins before the infamous Ken Jennings broke it. Not surprisingly, he got all the baseball trivia correct that they asked throughout the game.

There were seven of us and we had awesome seats. They were in the very front section and behind third plate. Best of all, we got hooked up with the tickets, so we only paid $10 for seven of us to get into the park. NICE!

I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening tonight. My friend, JoyAnna, is supposed to come over for a bit. I think we'll have some dinner and watch a movie or something super low key like that.

This weekend and into the middle of next week should be exciting. I'm going on vacation with Mike and his extended family to Long Beach, NC. We're going to be staying in a couple beach houses down there. I'm looking forward to being with my man, getting some sunshine, and maybe catching a fish or two. Good times ahead...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are keeping busy and having fun. Hope you will be able to come on down to my beach if you find the time - know how it is on vacation! XOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

This is a fun blog! I just love to hear what is going on UP there.
The screen in the green sounds like such a treat.
I know you are looking forward to the beach trip. Summer just isn't complete till a trip to the beach has been made! I'll be thinking about you and hoping it will be memorable trip!!
ed