Tuesday, September 23, 2008

200 Posts!

This is the 200th post to my blog. Crazy.

I thought I'd post a few pictures from my weekend. Melody, my college roommate, came to DC for the day on Sunday and I took some pics of us. I met her, her fiance (Jerry), and their friend (Stan) for lunch at La Loma before we set off to see the Air and Space Museum and the Natural History Museum (one of my favs in the city). Here are some pics from our afternoon:
I hadn't seen Melody in about three years. We were able to pick up from our last conversation (which thankfully wasn't three years ago). I was excited to get to know Jerry a bit more and also see her rock in person. Jerry did good!

Earlier in the weekend, Marie and I met her friend, Zak, to see the movie Burn After Reading. I think Marie and I were more impressed by the previews than the actual movie. The movie was filmed in DC so it was entertaining to pick out local spots. They didn't do cheap aerial shots and plug them between scenes, but actually filmed on location, which made it more impressive. I was able to pick out some bridges and some places on The Mall where I've been. It's fun to see my neighborhood on the big screen!

On Saturday, I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the pregnancy center's volunteer brunch. I'd never been to the restaurant, which was located near Chinatown. We had delicious food and were given some nice gifts. I always enjoy the brunches because of the opportunities to meet other folks who work at the center.

When the brunch was finished I wandered around DC for a bit and ducked into a few stores. The weather was gorgeous here and walking outside aimlessly did my soul some good. Trying on shoes helped too!

This week I have been working on my grad school application and should have it done by week's end. I just have to round up a couple of recommendations. So, I should probably know something about whether I'm accepted in a month or two.

This week is pretty quiet. I have the pregnancy center tonight. Wednesday and Thursday are nights to relax. On Friday Mal is coming up for the night. YAY!!! I'm SO excited to see my sister. Then on Saturday, Marie and I are leaving for Philly for an overnight trip. She's going to visit her brother and I'll be hanging out with Tim. Should be good times this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the pictures so don't forget to take some this week-end! We are having some great weather down here. We better enjoy it while we can, winter will be next.

dean

Anonymous said...

I have read every one of your blogs and enjoyed each one! Keep up the good work! jd