Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Quiet Night...

It's one of those rare evenings. No one is here and I am relaxing in the house. I have no agenda and am not likely to form one in the little bit. The day at work was rather short in that "I got nothing I wanted to get done today" sense, but long in that it was "I spent over half the day in meetings." I gave a few minutes of thought to going to the gym, but opted instead for a walk while simultaneously checking a trip to the bank off my "to do" list. Plus, it gave me an excuse to listen to my new iTouch, which I heart in every sense. I can understand now how people easily fall in love with Mac products. I have... at least with one of them.

Last weekend was full of good memories. Mallory came up to DC on Friday and arrived in time for the two of us to join Marie for dinner at Bistro. I hadn't been there in a really long time and Marie had never been. It brought back some good feelings walking through their doors. Mal, Marie and I had many laughs as Marie and I told Mal stories of our DC adventures over the past couple of months. Later that night, we caught part of the presidential debate on television. I'm not quite sure what i was expecting, but the debate was a lot more boring than I imagined it to be. The evening wrapped with some home baked brownies and the movie Music from Another Room, which was completely chick-flickish, but really cute!

On Saturday morning, Mal drove Marie and I to the airport where we had rented a car for the rest of the weekend. Mal left for Richmond. Marie and I departed for Philly. The ride was entertaining as Marie and I listened to music and chatted, which was a good thing because the weather left much to be desired. The trip wasn't too long and probably would have been shorter had it not rained most of the way. It was a little under three hours.

Marie dropped me off at my friend Tim's and continued north to visit her brother and his family. Tim and I proceeded to pretty much hop right into his car and drive to Lancaster, where we enjoyed the rest of the afternoon at the Renaissance Fair/Oktoberfest celebration they had. The rain tried to deter the festivities (and actually did cause some events to be canceled), but we still had fun. Here are some pictures I took from the festival. I would have taken more, but had some technical difficulties with the camera (ie. the operator). You can tell as the pictures progress, we got more and more soaked by the rain:After the festival, we rode back to the Philly area and Tim showed me where he worked before we called it a night and went to his house. On Sunday I visited his church with him and we grabbed lunch- Philly steak and cheese sandwiches (yay!)- and relaxed a bit before Marie came through later and scooped me back up again. It was quite fun.

Last night, I joined three of my gals from the my leadership program for dinner. Kat, Caryn, Anna, and I went to Thai Phoon, a yummy Thai place in Pentagon City (VA). It was so good to see and catch up with them. I really cherish my female friends here in DC. I am so blessed to have a roommate who gets me and with whom I "click" and then to have such other good girl friends to share my world.

Carlos came by today to pick up his keys and drop off his rent. He's moving in as soon as he buys some furniture. I think he's going to be a great housemate. He has a lot of energy and zest. It'll bring some more good vibes to the house!

No comments: