Monday, May 08, 2006

Something's gotta give me butterflies

The weekend was amazing; from beginning to end.

I'm now employed. My interview at the LOC on Friday went real well for obvious reasons. I'm talking to my recruiter tomorrow about my start date. I'm hoping it will be the beginning of next week. Now that I have a job lined up, I wouldn't mind having one more week of relaxation before getting into life's groove.

I'll be working for the Director of the Library. One of his admin assistants. I'm more excited about the networking I'll be able to do. Also, the woman who interviewed me at The Library told me I'd be eligible to post for other positions down the road. I'll be working directly with their Communications department. After asking me about my writing aspirations, she said I'll gain great experiences for my resume.

Spent the weekend at Smith Mtn Lake in VA with friends from back home. Had been planned for about a month. Certainly didn't foresee all that the weekend brought.

Enjoyed a lot of laughs. Caught up on the groups' happenings. Got kissed by the sun- just a bit. Caught a fish and an eye.

We went there... to questions that had been pushed aside. Answered a few also. Shared dreams and heard some too.

Pondered timing.

And other things.

It was a great weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the job!!

Meredith said...

thanks, kimmie. any luck with your hunt?