Friday, July 28, 2006

In the days ahead...

Last night was pretty relaxing, minus the laundry that had to be done.

Mal and I went to Bistro for dinner. Finally learned the new guy's name (you remember, the one who replaced our favorite server, Cliff). His name is Kaylor. Not sure where he's from, but he has a thick accent (European, I think), so it took me three times to understand what he was saying.

After the second time of my asking, he explained, "Eetz like Daylor (Taylor) wit a K." Gotcha. I nodded, finally understanding. I had to watch his lips real close though. It was a combination of being slightly deaf (sometimes I really do wonder about my hearing) and the accent that threw me.

Just as the time before, when we went with Brooke, Heather, and Dave, the service left much to be desired. Poor Kaylor. He's really struggling to grasp the precious timing of waiting tables. Besides the service, everything else was good. Mal and I stuffed ourselves with Italian slices of heaven.

After dinner, we caught "So You Think You Can Dance" on the television with Drew. It's our favorite show right now. It comes on Wednesday and Thursday night and features super talented dancers who are all competing to be America's #1 best dancer. Whoa. Nail-biting, I tell you. Wednesday nights are standard dance routines and at the end of the evening, there's a time for America to vote on who was best. Then, Thursday night, they announce the results at the end of another night of dancing and a guest performer. Simply fabulous.

After the show ended, Drew retired to finish some work and Mal supposedly cleaned her room. Hmm... funny, because when I asked what she was doing for lunch today, she mentioned going home to clean her room. Isn't that what you did last night?

Steve and I watched Before Sunrise while they piddled around upstairs. It is a good movie. Entertaining and refreshingly clean of stupid plots, boring dialogue, and overwhelming action. It was a "feel good" movie that is able to capture an audience from the first minute.

Today has been pretty slow in the office. I did get to do a pretty big "copy job" earlier that took a while. Tilya offered to help, but I was excited to be away from my desk and doing something productive besides reading CNN.com. So, I turned down her offer and completed the task myself.

Mal and I were talking about how fast this week has gone. I can't believe that another weekend starts in an hour. I hope the weekend doesn't slip by as fast as the work week did. Mal and I have plans to leave tonight for Chapel Hill. She's speaking at a conference down there. The conference is about the internship program in which she participated. She always gets invited because she's on of their "success stories" since she landed a job because of it.

So, we'll spend the night in Chapel Hill tonight. Paid for by you, NC tax-paying citizens (and us, I guess). Thanks for contributing towards our hotel bill, food expenses, and gas. :)

After the conference, we're gonna slip down to Myrtle and see our grandma there. It will be a fun, fast trip to the beach. Mal and I will take some pictures and I'll post them. Our internet at home isn't working like it was (ie. free from the neighbor's signal). This has deterred my online access and my posting of Screen on the Green pictures or ones from last weekend. I apologize. Hopefully, the problem will be fixed shortly (ie. our neighbors will come back in to town and reconnect their router).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on me the tax\payer....and how dare the neighbor leave you without ...what has happened to the world....don't forget to fill in the blanks when you get home ,,,have fun at the beach...and tell your grandmother hello from j.b.d.

Anonymous said...

i was really bummed that allison was sent home. i think SYTYCD should have kept their people vote to narrow it down and then the judges make the final decision. UGH

i am obsessed with that show

Anonymous said...

yeah, kaylor's a good guy, he's learnin, my big thing is he just needs to tell the other waitresses to stop trying to refill our 7/8ths-full glasses w/ water like every 90 seconds and spill all over the table and it'd be great!

have fun down in myrtle beach tonight/tomorrow, you gotta layout but don't pull a red lobster sunburn like i sometimes do (though i KNOW i still tan waaaaaay better than Mal:) def. go boogie boarding, take long walks on the beach, sleep-in late tomorrow and say hey to your Beach Grandma and tina for me. i'm bummed i can't be there too. i miss it, good times and great memories.

dave

Meredith said...

Allison was my favorite girl and Benji is my favorite guy. I was so bummed also, Kimmie! So sad, what is America thinking?? ::tear tear::

Meredith said...

Dave, nice to see you came out to play again. :)