Friday, July 21, 2006

A Ladies Weekend (Plus Dave)

Looks like it's gonna be trouble this weekend...

Two of my best friends (Heather and Brooke) are coming to visit from NC. I'm so excited!

They are leaving at noon and trucking it up here for a weekend of sites and "girl time". I can't wait to see them and show them my new city.

I have plans to kick off the weekend by taking the two of them to the Marine Barracks in Eastern Market. Every Friday they offer free tours and a "parade" to the public. Since Brooke is nursing a hurting heart, after splitting from her beau, I figure there would be no better way to keep her mind of him than offering her a bunch of men in uniforms. Ha ha. Plus, I don't think Heather and I will mind it *too* much either!

After that, not too sure what will go down tonight.

Tomorrow, I have tentative plans for the evening. DC offers trolley rides (similar to the DC Ducks tour) and that might be what we do when the temperature drops a bit.

Sunday is church and then The Banana Cafe is where we'll head for lunch. Steve plays the piano and they have an "open keys" time on Sunday. He wants to show off his skills on Sunday.

So, as you can tell, there are many open time slots remaining in the weekend. So, that could be good or mean trouble. :) Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Dave has plans to also visit this weekend. He will be gracing us with his presence once he has completed his dental boards. So, it should be a lot of fun. We'll have a packed house and that always makes things a bit more interesting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well - guess I will add the DC trolley tour along with the Ducks tour on my list of things to do when I come up. Have a great weekend! Tell Mallory to let me know how Dave thought his boards went. Know they will have a good time!