Monday, July 10, 2006

So relaxing...

That's how I'd describe my weekend. It was wonderful to keep it low key.

Friday was the busiest day. Mal and I walked to Bistro Italiano (sound familiar?) and grabbed dinner after work. Later, we met Steve for Pirates of the Caribbean. It was a good movie. Lots of action and great special effects with some humor to spice it up. My only regret was that I had forgotten some details about the characters from the first movie. Not too much of the plot was thickened in this movie and it is mostly a "transitional" film to the third. Overall, very entertaining movie.

Saturday was spent lounging inside. Mal originally mentioned something about going to the beach, but we never made it. Instead, we stayed inside and finally tried a new recipe that Mike had given me a while back. It's a pork tenderloin recipe and, although it's super easy to prepare, it takes a couple of hours to cook. What better day than a lazy Saturday to try such a treat? After dinner, we wandered outside and down the street for some ice cream. Mmm...

Sunday came much the same as Saturday- with another lazy morning. I anticipated watching the World Cup (as it was all that I had "planned" for the day). Dave came to visit for the day and he arrived about thirty minutes before the game.

Dave, Mal, and I picked our teams (Mal was for Italy and I was for France). Dave was originally going to root for France (like me), but caved like a sissy when Mal started rooting for Italy. Slacker. I only gave him a *slightly* hard time about it.

Did you guys catch the game? It was awesome even though Italy won.

Last night, Mark moved back into his old room. Since Katie won't be living with us, and Mark was still looking for a place, we offered him his room back. So, now we are a full house again. To be honest, it's nice not having to worry about sharing our bathroom with another person. I think Drew will welcome more testosterone in the house too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you remind me, or give me like a character sketch of who dave, mike and..steve are? i am getting people mixed up. we need some pictures in these stories! :)

Meredith said...

ha ha! It's like when you start a book and have to put it down. Months later, you remember it and pick it up again. Problem is, then you have to start it over again because you can't remember the characters!

Dave: seven year friend of Mal's (they're just starting to "date"); lives in Richmond, VA; often comments on blog as "Dave", "Lt." (he's a lieutenant in the Air Force), or "Dr" (since he's going to be a dentist)

Mike: the guy back home (Gboro) whom I have just begun dating. It took me moving away to get his attention. :) I think I first started writing about him at the end of May. Check out Thurs, June 1, for more details. Also, pictures of him and Dave can be seen in the "Richmond Memories" post and both "Whirlwind Weekend" posts

Steve: neighbor; lives in the apartment below our's. Since we are in an English rowhouse apartment, he lives in the basement. Steve's pic can be seen in my "July 4th" posting.

Hope that helps. Sometimes all one needs is a little recap.