Thursday, August 10, 2006

Lookout.... a Cookout!

Hmm, it's been three days since our cookout, so I figured that it was time to post something about it!

On Monday night our first guest arrived at 6:40, right as Mallory and I were walking in the door from work. Ahh! Luckily, Drew made it home before us and had started the grill. Mal and I got to work preparing the food in our huge (note sarcasm and refer to "apartment pics" posting) kitchen. ;) While Mal cooked the beans (we had green and baked), I made the salad. Drew manned the grill and made hotdogs and hamburgers. Beforehand, we feasted on shrimp cocktail, chips and dip, and goldfish crackers (hey, we're poor, remember).

There were about ten of us crowded in the living room of our apartment. A few more spilled outside onto the steps and patio area, where the grill was.

It was a fun evening. Lisa, a friend of mine from NC who is in town for the week, came to visit. Mal had over a few interns from work and Drew invited some co-workers too. Also, Steve and Duncan (from downstairs) graced us with their presence.

Some people left earlier to catch the Screen on the Green movie that was playing and the other half stuck around until the later evening hours. Some pictures were taken, but none by my camera. I will do my best to scrounge some up for your viewing pleasure.

For it being our first cookout (and first time Drew had ever cooked on a grill), it was a success!

In other news: I have my interview at CCCU scheduled for next Friday at 10:00 AM. Please say a little prayer if it crosses your mind!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy you are sending messages again - missed you! Your first big party sounds like it was a roaring success - isn't it fun to entertain. A bonus for your guests was how pretty the hostesses were! Thinking good thoughts for you with your interview. jd

Meredith said...

:) we used some of the wooden party trays/ plates that you gave us!! they came in handy. (pun slightly intended)

Anonymous said...

"A bonus for your guests was how pretty the hostesses were!" To use "Doc" language...I concur! :)

dave

Anonymous said...

reading that made me hungry...

Meredith said...

hehe, K, then I won't tell you that we had brownies and chocolate cake with vanilla icing for dessert.